1 T oil or butter (we love avocado oil)
1/2 onion or 1 shallot
1 red bell pepper
approx. 2 cups diced butternut squash (we used one bag frozen from whole foods)
1/2 bag frozen cauliflower
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2-3 T red curry paste
½ T yellow curry powder
1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
¾ cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
3-4 cups fresh baby spinach
chopped fresh cilantro
optional: add tofu, cashews, dried fruit
- Saute the onion or shallot until it starts browning in the oil/ butter.
- Stir in the cauliflower, squash and red pepper
- Add ginger and stir to coat with the oil.
- Add the red curry paste, yellow curry powder and stir until all the butternut squash is nicely coated. Continue to cook the curry paste for 2-3 minutes or until it’s fragrant. Add the broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar. Let the sauce come to a simmer before covering. Lower the heat and allow the squash to cook all the way through, about 12-18 minutes. Check doneness if vegetables are fully cooked. Stir in the baby spinach until it wilts.
- Serve with rice, naan, top with chopped cilantro.