This recipe is from Whole Foods Market, but I could not find it on their website – I found it at Eating Bird Food. Great in salads!
1/2 lb. sweet potatoes (1 medium sized), peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
1/2 cup lundburg wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried sage (the recipe calls for 1/2 Tablespoon, I think that is too much)
1/4 tablespoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Steam sweet potato chunks, then puree them.
3. Combine mashed sweet potatoes, cooked quinoa, cooked rice, green onions, cranberries, sage, salt and
4. Form and flatten portions of the “dough” into patties.
5. Lay the patties onto parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray (or stoneware) and bake for 15
20 minutes until they’re lightly brown and crisp on the outside.
6. Serve warm, at room temperature, or straight from the fridge.