I have always wanted to try making this gluten free crust instead of buying them at Whole Foods (so delicious and buttery, just expensive!) Here is one from the company that used to be called Ruth’s Foods – now part of Nature’s Earthly Choice – I love their protein powders! It is supposed to be a crunchy nutty crust.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup water, room temperature preferred.
- 1½ cups ground almonds and/or hazelnuts
- ¾ cup rice flour (or other gluten-free flour, suggested: corn-flour, buckwheat flour or coconut flour)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°.
2. Mix the chia seeds with water, stir, set aside to let set for at least 10 minutes.
3. Place all other ingredients in food processor.
4. Whip in chia.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.