This recipe was inspired by the famous Indian dish Aloo Gobi and Hetals’ Indian Cauliflower recipe on Allrecipes.com
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons high quality coconut oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup tomatoes, pureed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roughly chop the cauliflower and place pieces in an oven safe dish with 1/8 cup water on the bottom.
- Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan and add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds and 1/4 tsp curry powder together. Mix the cauliflower in with the oil to completely cover it.
- Bake the cauliflower for 45 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat twotablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan, mix in the minced onions and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, 2 teaspoons curry powder, ginger and salt. Add the cayenne towards the end of cooking. Let this mixture simmer for a while.
- To serve, put the cauliflower pieces on a plate and cover with the tomato curry sauce. Serve hot with indian bread (naan), rice or quinoa.
Yum! Looks delicious!